“The MENA Region Initiative as a model of the NEXUS Approach to Renewable Energy Technologies” (MINARET), is a project designed to be implemented over four years in partnership with municipalities in three different countries: Tunisia, Lebanon, and Jordan. It is the first Project in the region that utilizes a nexus approach to address the unique sustainability challenges and opportunities that face each of the countries from a local municipal level with regards to water, energy and food security. The Project is also the first Project in the region which facilitates dialogue between the experts and players from the public and private sector in renewable energy, sustainable development, water, climate change, and many more sectors. Stakeholders from all around the region discuss and plan together how to overcome the increasing constraints their countries and the region faces through fundamentally rethinking how we produce and consume energy in relation to the water and food sectors.
In accordance with established standards and procedures and under the guidance and supervision of the relevant supervisor of MINARET Project, the incumbent:
- Develops, implements and evaluates project Communication Plan/Strategy ensuring its coherence with the overall MINARET goals and objectives.
- Develops and executes appropriate MINARET project interventions to increase/promote awareness, image and visibility of the across the region and beyond;
- Performs the following Public Information related functions:
- Disseminates, distributes and publishes information supporting MINARET’s work and services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the project.
- Implements visibility activities
- Provides communication support to the Project Management, Donor Relations and other stakeholders
- Establishes media contacts in the MENA Region, as relevant;
- Coordinates and facilitates community events, regional meetings/workshops;
- Drafts human interest stories, prints and distributes community newsletters and contributes to regular reports and updates on MINARET activities for donors as needed;
- Establishes clear lines of communication with stakeholder groups in order to keep them informed in relation to MINARET project’s activities, convening meetings where needed and acting as a focal point for receiving queries in relation to the project;
- Organizes regular focus group/community meetings to garner public opinion and support project community engagement;
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Monitors social media feeds relating to MINARET activities and provides responses to issues which are raised in coordination with project management;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
(A) Academic and Professional
A university degree in journalism, communications, public relations or any other related field.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in public information and public relation or in translation work and interpretation.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English
French language is desirable
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organizing
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Persuading and Influencing